Our qualified chartered accountants provide the best possible solution with significant cost savings and tax effectiveness for any employee/contractor.
The Living Away from Home Allowance."LAFHA". is an allowance provided by employers to employees as part of your salary package.
It is tax free and is compensation for the additional costs for residing away from your principle place of residence to work.
Our experience ensures that a LAFHA we structure in your package has been applied correctly, based on your information. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for LAFHA
LAFHA is a Tax Office allowance that can be provided by employers to their employees.
Below are some examples where LAFHA may be eligible.
- Australian and New Zealanders moving locations within Australia
- Overseas long stay visa holders
- Australians working overseas.
- Australians returning after working overseas.
The following unique criteria are applied to assess your eligibility for LAFHA, and ensures that you maximize your opportunity for LAFHA:
- Distance of relocation
- Period away must exceed certain minimums
- Type of occupation
- Tax and/or visa status
- Minimum Salary Levels (MSL)
- Time before relocation
- Length of relocation
- Accommodation arrangements
- Family situation
- Intent to return to your original place of residence
How it works
Freespirit will package your salary in the most tax effective manner given your personal circumstance.
We put more money in your pocket.
- Recover the costs of relocation
- Your own private super(pension) fund to buy properties & other investments
- More money in your pocket
- Your own financial plan that can be updated as often as you like
- Loan advisors
- Access to hundreds of Australia’s leading Recruitment Agencies offering the best available jobs.
Once you join, there are many other benefits & opportunities. Remember we grow, because you grow!